Village of Plainfield Information:
24401 West Lockport Street
Plainfield, IL 60544
Village Hall Hours
Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
for seasonal information related to the Village (i.e. Snow Removal, Lawn Watering, Street Sweeping, etc.)
Yard Waste is collected curbside from April 1st - November 30th.
Kensington Club Homeowners,
Your Board of Directors has been working with the Village of Plainfield Public Works to address the problem of Emerald Ash Borer which has infested over 100 parkway trees within our community. Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) is an exotic beetle where the larvae feed on the inner bark of ash trees, disrupting the tree's ability to transport water and nutrients, slowly killing the tree. See website for additional information
Since parkway trees are an asset of the Village and not the Association, Public Works has asked that we provide some information to our residents on actions you can take. All ash trees within the community are infested and are at various stages of dying (see signs and symptoms of EAB
- If you believe your parkway tree is an ash tree and greater than 50% of the tree is dead, please contact Public Works as soon as possible for a replacement (see contact information below).
- Public Works will come assess your tree:
- If your tree is greater than 50% dead, you will be added to the Spring 2014 replacement list (click here for a photo example of 50% dead).
- Your placement on this list is first come, first serve. When the funds are exhausted, you will be pushed to the Fall 2014 replacement list.
- As time allows, Public Works will remove the tree and grind the stump to grade.
- Your tree will be replaced with a 2” diameter or smaller tree. Tree variety to be determined by availability at the nursery and Public Works.
- If your parkway ash tree is less than 50% dead, you will need to wait until your tree has reached more than 50% to contact Public Works for a tree replacement.
As a homeowner, you can also choose to replace your parkway tree on your own. If you choose not to wait, you can contact Public Works (see contact information below) and they will remove your existing tree and grind your stump to grade. You will then be able to select your own variety of tree, size, etc. You will be responsible for the purchase of the tree and installation.
Please only send emails to TJ with the Village of Plainfield Public Works as emails are time and date stamped. This makes it easier for putting you on the priority list and gives both you and the Village a record of your request. Also, it is easier for TJ to respond to requests via email. Use this subject line for your email: Kensington Club Emerald Ash Borer Tree Replacement Request
Please email the following information to TJ:
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your Contact Information (Phone Number)